3rd November 2015
Best restaurant in Parramatta tells you why you should eat fish
Do you know that there are plenty of benefits for eating fish? Fish is a great food that contains abundance of vitamins and minerals as well as omega-3 fatty acids. We're not doctors, but here's a couple of reasons why fish is great for you.
1. Heart disease Eating fish reduces the risk of heart diseases and even increases the chance of survival following a heart attack. But how? Fish lowers a type of fats called the ‘triglycerides’ in our blood and reduces blood clotting as well as abnormal heart rhythms.
2. Alzheimer’s One type of fatty acids called the ‘polyunsaturated fatty acids’ prevents damage to brain cells. This type of fatty acid can be found in many type of fishes, it reduces the risk of high blood pressure which is associated with dementia. A research in France that involved 2000 people found out that those who consume seafood at least once a week have significantly lower risk of dementia over a 7-year period.
3. Cancer A group of 6,000 men were involved in a study over a 30-year period who ate moderate to large amounts of fish and it was found that eating fish reduces risk of getting prostate cancer by twice or thrice times. Other types of seafood such as crabs and lobsters that contains selenium also have cancer-fighting properties in them.
4. Depression The fatty acid, Omega-3, in fishes is able to help ease depression as it raise levels of the brain chemical serotonin.
5. Arthritis Usually population groups that consume larger quantity of fishes have low risk of developing inflammatory conditions. To relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, fish oils are the way to go!
6. Skin Want to look young? Dermatologist Nicholas Perricone, author of The Perricone Prescription, says eat salmon as it helps smoothening out age lines.
7. Even helps in social benefits! How interesting. A study conducted in Mauritius stated that children who consume a lot of fish from as young as 3 years old are unlikely to have criminal records by the age of 23. In a nutshell, eat more white fish as they contain more low-fat protein and minerals. Not forgetting the oily fish that contains the highest amount of fatty acids such as salmon, mackerel and sardines. Crab, lobster and mussels also contain selenium that has cancer-fighting properties.
At Parramatta Phoenix, we serve a wide variety of seafood live from the tank, including lobsters, Tasmanian king crab, snow crab, mud crab, coral trout, parrot and barramundi. What’s the best part? You get to choose your own cooking method! We also have scallop, king prawns, white baits, flounder, and calamari with different styles for you to choose from.