6th December 2017
Facts about yum cha that every foodie should know, by the best restaurant in Parramatta
Being a real foodie is a lot of hard work, so when it is time to try a cuisine that you haven’t had in a long time, knowledge is crucial. Which is why the best restaurant in Parramatta has a few yum cha facts for all our foodies in this world.
Prior to you trying our yum cha in Parramatta, these facts are sure to entice a foodie:
• Yum cha means to drink tea and eat a variety of small dishes
• The word dim sum literally translates to “point of the heart”
• Did you know that it is customary to pour tea for others before your own and gratitude is shown by tapping your index and middle finger on the table
• Did you know that in China when a larger group of people are served, they get more of a variety of foods
• Tea is served free with your meals because the Chinese believe that drinking tea while consuming fatty foods will break it down
Yum cha is time of the day where family and friends get together to share a large meal, which is what we like to see at our event venue in Parramatta.
Be sure to make a booking at the best restaurant in Parramatta and enjoy yum cha for lunch or our a la carte menu for dinner.