18th October 2017
Important Chinese festivals, by the best restaurant in Parramatta
If you know anything about the Chinese culture, one thing that you should know about is the wide range of festivals that they celebrate throughout the year. But which one’s are the most important? The best restaurant in Parramatta will tell you all about that.
As your number one Chinese restaurant in Parramatta, we have collated a list of the most important festivals in China for you to be weary of:
• The Chinese Spring Festival
• Mid-Autumn Festival
• Yuan Xiao Festival (Lantern Festival)
• Duanwu Festival (Dragon Boat Festival)
• The National Day of China
• Qingming Festival (Known as the day of Tomb Sweeping)
• Yuandan Festival (New Year’s Day Festival)
• Chongyang Festival (Celebrated on the ninth day of the ninth month)
• Labour Day
• Qixi Festival (Similar to Valentines day, where women make an assortment of garments and materials, wishing for a good husband)
• Chinese New Year
Those are some of the most popular festivals that get celebrated throughout the year in China, while there are many more, some traditions and festivals have faded with time. We hope that our seafood restaurant in Parramatta helped you learn something new today.
Don’t forget to make a booking at the best restaurant in Parramatta, we are open 7 days a week and serve yum during lunch time and our a la carte menu for dinner.